|DateJune 5, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
Supervises, manages, or coordinates all engineering and third-party construction activities, including planning and designing projects and staking facilities to be built, in compliance with company objectives. Supervises the design, installation and turn-up of access equipment. May assist in coordinating the installation of access equipment and other transmission systems. Provides detailed proposals to management regarding budget design and implementation of technology advancements and deployments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all engineering either directly or through subordinates including project design and staking of projects to ensure compliance with company objectives.
- Supervises engineering department staff by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, handling personnel issues, and monitoring projects to ensure jobs are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Consults with Regional Manager, Operations Manager and Network Engineer on inside and outside plant design and engineering when needed. Reviews new technologies and potential services and makes recommendations on engineering and design requirements, costs, and impact.
- Plan, design, engineer, and prepare drawings, staking sheets and cost estimates for new and future construction, removal or rearrangement of existing aerial or underground lines, cable, and conduits to meet or exceed current Company and RUS standards and specifications.
- Accurately create, revise, and update drawings, staking sheets, maps, schematics and other related specification sheets for planning, construction and installation of telecommunication cable and equipment within a scheduled time frame.
- Coordinates engineering projects handled by external vendors. Oversees contract administration and project progress, determines vendors to be used, and coordinates contract close-out process.
- Develops comprehensive engineering budget with multi-year objectives and controls. Orders materials and equipment for engineering operations. Provides budget updates throughout the course of the fiscal year.
- Provides required documentation to State and Federal agencies as well as financial vendors as requested.
- Maintains contact with zoning, planning, and permitting agencies to stay abreast of changes that may require plant additions or rearrangements.
- Responsible to coordinate with all departments to assure accurate development, maintenance, and planning of all company records. Performs updates to mapping and records system.
- Research, investigate, collaborate, and make recommendations for the installation of electronic equipment important for the efficient utilization of the network.
- Designs and assists in coordinating the installation of access equipment, wireless, and other transmission systems. Assign cable counts to assist with preparation of cut sheets for cut-overs in copper and fiber outside plant configurations.
- Research ownership and secure right-of-way from local, state and federal agencies as well as private individuals for present and future projects.
- Maintain personal, phone and written contact with local, state, and federal agencies as well as the general public and fellow workers to provide timely information on project status.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience PLUS five to seven years of engineering experience with at least two years in a supervisory capacity. NOTE: In absence of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, equivalent experience qualifies with 6 years utility engineering experience.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is an Exempt position, NOT subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA. Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com. EOE.