|FLSA StatusNon-exempt||LocationBaggs, WY|
|DateOctober 6, 2020||Closing Open Until Filled|
This position installs, maintains, and services telephone lines, broadband service, copper and fiber optic cable lines, special circuit lines, subscriber carrier systems, copper and fiber optic cable terminals, protection devices, and customer-owned equipment. May also diagnose and repair trouble in switching equipment, computers, SONET and DWDM equipment, alarm network equipment, wireless systems, standby generators, and fiber optic equipment. Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing, plant facilities, and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports. This position assists with routine tasks associated with the Telco/customer LAN and computer system. This position may be assigned to prepare and place orders for standard and nonstandard telco equipment and supplies, within budgetary authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs new services and equipment for subscribers by installing aerial and buried copper or fiber optic drop wires, station wires, network interface devices, fiber optic facilities, fiber optic fed remotes and FTTx or Fiber to the Premises equipment such as the ONT (Optical Network Terminal), power supplies and battery backup equipment. Uses appropriate tools, proper hardware, and industry procedures to meet all applicable codes and safety requirements.
- Maintains and repairs existing services and equipment by using test sets to locate and isolate copper line trouble, fiber optic trouble, wireless radio trouble, and switching troubles. Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing copper and fiber optic cable, wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, fiber optic facilities, switching equipment, fiber optic equipment, and pedestals as needed.
- Maintains and repairs Central Office switching equipment, fiber optic equipment, SONET and DWDM equipment, special circuits, standby generators, alarm network equipment.
- Install and maintains key systems (TDM and IP), PBX’s, WIFI, wireless mesh, IP enabled customer equipment and other nonregulated equipment.
- Uses computers and computer operating systems to complete all Outside Plant and Central Office installation and repair related forms and reports.
- Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes necessary to update billing, facilities and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
- Responsible to communicate location to Supervisor or designated individual.
- May confer with customers or equipment manufacturers and technical support staff to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions.
- Place cross-connections needed to establish, modify, or terminate telephone service via copper, wireless or fiber optic facilities.
- Comply with all RUS specifications, industry standards, safety rules and regulations, and company policies; Use protective equipment and safety practices; Attend and participate in company safety and training meetings.
- May be assigned to maintain inventories and internal controls by tracking and organizing supplies. Maintains files of purchases, vendors, and catalogs to ensure availability of information.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent PLUS two years of telecommunications schooling or equivalent work experience. Two years’ experience in the installation and maintenance of Outside Plant and Central Office equipment also required.
- Driver’s license with CDL Endorsements (Must be obtained within 90 days of hire).
- State of Wyoming low voltage electrical license.
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime and on call will be required for this position. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter to: